Playa Del Duque Tenerife
Struggling to find your perfect beach getaway? I’ve been there; staring at endless lists of beaches, unable to choose the right one. That’s why I dug deep into research about Playa Del Duque, a gem on Tenerife Island known for its golden sand and azure waters.
This blog will provide you all the useful details – from nearby attractions to top-notch accommodations, helping you plan an unforgettable trip. Stay tuned – paradise awaits!
What to Expect at Playa Del Duque, Tenerife
At Playa Del Duque, you can enjoy swimming and sunbathing on a family-friendly beach, try cliff-jumping for an adrenaline rush, and explore nearby restaurants, bars, and stores.
Swimming and sunbathing on a family-friendly beach
Playa Del Duque is a great spot for family fun. The water is clear and safe for kids to swim in. Adults can also enjoy swimming or simply chill under the sun. The sand is soft, perfect for building sandcastles or lying down to sunbathe.
Cliff jumping at Playa Del Duque is a thrilling experience. You can dive off the rocks into the clear blue sea below. It’s an exciting way to cool down on a hot day. But play it safe! Only jump where others are and check the water first.
Many locals do this all the time, but it’s also fun for tourists. Just watch how they move, then give it a try yourself! This activity gets your heart pumping in no time. So come here and take a leap of faith at Playa Del Duque.
Best Playa del Duque restaurants
Playa del Duque is one of the most upscale areas in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. The region boasts a variety of high-end restaurants, many of which offer stunning sea views. Here’s a list of some recommended places to eat in Playa del Duque:
- La Nonna
- Description: An elegant Italian restaurant with a seafront location, offering classic Italian dishes with a modern twist.
- Menu Highlights: “Risotto al tartufo” (truffle risotto) for around €18 and “Pizza Prosciutto e Funghi” (ham and mushroom pizza) for about €12.
- Link to La Nonna
- Restaurante El Mirador
- Description: Located within the Bahía del Duque resort, this restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a luxurious setting with sea views.
- Menu Highlights: “Baked seabass” for around €25 and “Iberian pork shoulder” for about €22.
- Link to Restaurante El Mirador
- La Brasserie
- Description: A chic French restaurant known for its steaks and seafood dishes.
- Menu Highlights: “Chateaubriand steak” for two at around €60 and “Moules marinières” (mussels in white wine sauce) for about €15.
- Link to La Brasserie
- Restaurante SUKHA
- Description: Offering a fusion of Mediterranean and Asian flavors, this restaurant provides a unique dining experience.
- Menu Highlights: “Tuna tartare with avocado” for around €16 and “Duck magret with orange sauce” for about €20.
- Link to Restaurante SUKHA
- BB. Restaurant
- Description: A modern restaurant with a diverse menu that includes Mediterranean, European, and Asian dishes.
- Menu Highlights: “Octopus with Canarian potatoes” for around €18 and “Thai green curry” for about €16.
- Link to BB. Restaurant
- La Torre del Mirador
- Description: With panoramic views of Playa del Duque, this restaurant offers a mix of Mediterranean and Canarian cuisine.
- Menu Highlights: “Grilled lobster” (market price) and “Iberian pork cheeks” for about €18.
- Link to La Torre Del Mirador
- Papagayo Beach Club
- Description: A trendy beach club offering a mix of international dishes, cocktails, and music right by the sea.
- Menu Highlights: “Sushi rolls” starting from €12 and “Burger Papagayo” for about €14.
- Link to Papagayo Beach Club
Practical Information about Playa Del Duque
The best time to visit Playa Del Duque is during the warm and sunny months of May to September. The beach is open from early morning until late evening, with no entrance fee required.
Getting to Playa Del Duque is easy, as it is located in Costa Adeje and can be reached by car or public transportation.
Best time to visit and opening hours
The best time to visit Playa Del Duque Tenerife largely depends on what kind of experience you’re looking for. If you enjoy basking in the sun and don’t mind the crowd, summer months are ideal. However, if you prefer a quieter time on the beach, then spring or fall might be a better choice. Remarkably, the beach is accessible throughout the day, so you can plan your visit according to your preferences.
|Season||Best Time to Visit||Opening Hours|
|Summer (June – August)||Mid-morning to late afternoon (10am – 6pm)||24 hours|
|Fall (September – November)||Early morning or late afternoon (8am – 10am, 4pm – 6pm)||24 hours|
|Winter (December – February)||Mid-morning to early afternoon (10am – 3pm)||24 hours|
|Spring (March – May)||Early morning or late afternoon (8am – 10am, 4pm – 6pm)||24 hours|
Entrance fee (if applicable)
If you’re planning a trip to Playa Del Duque in Tenerife, you’ll be glad to know that there is no entrance fee to enjoy the beach. That means you can spend the day swimming and sunbathing without having to pay anything upfront.
It’s a great opportunity for families looking for an affordable day out by the sea. Just pack your towels, sunscreen, and snacks, and you’re good to go! Enjoy the beautiful sandy shores of Playa Del Duque without worrying about any extra costs.
How to get to Playa Del Duque
Getting to Playa Del Duque is easy! Here are the different ways you can reach this beautiful beach:
- Take a taxi from Tenerife South Airport: It’s a short 20-minute drive, and taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal.
- Use public transportation: Hop on bus number 467 from Tenerife South Airport. This bus will take you directly to Playa Del Duque in about 30 minutes.
- Rent a car: If you prefer exploring at your own pace, renting a car is a great option. There are several car rental companies at the airport, and the drive to Playa Del Duque takes about 20 minutes.
- Join an organized tour: Many tour operators offer day trips to Playa Del Duque. This can be a convenient option if you prefer not to worry about transportation logistics.
Attractions Near Playa Del Duque
Explore the charming town of Costa Adeje, visit other stunning beaches in the area, and discover an array of exciting attractions just a stone’s throw away from Playa Del Duque. Want to know more? Keep reading!
Places to visit in Costa Adeje
Costa Adeje has plenty of attractions to explore during your visit. Here are some places you shouldn’t miss:
- Siam Park: Experience thrilling water slides and rides at this popular water park.
- Aqualand Costa Adeje: Another fantastic water park with great slides and dolphin shows.
- Plaza del Duque Shopping Center: Shop for designer brands and enjoy some retail therapy.
- Gran Sur Shopping Centre: Find a wide range of shops, restaurants, and a cinema here.
- Golf Costa Adeje: Golf enthusiasts can enjoy a round of golf with stunning ocean views.
- La Caleta: A charming fishing village with delicious seafood restaurants to try.
- Jungle Park: Discover exotic animals and enjoy live shows at this wildlife park.
- Playa de Fanabe: A beautiful sandy beach where you can relax and soak up the sun.
Accommodation Options Near Playa Del Duque Hotels
Numerous hotels and resorts are available in Costa Adeje, offering a range of accommodations to suit every budget and preference. From beachfront options with stunning views to luxurious resorts with top-notch amenities, there is something for everyone near Playa Del Duque.
Hotels and resorts in Costa Adeje
There are many wonderful hotels and resorts in Costa Adeje near Playa Del Duque. Here are some options for you to consider during your visit:
Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador
- Description: An adults-only luxury hotel with colonial architecture, offering direct access to Playa del Duque. It features elegant suites, a spa, and gourmet dining options.
- Link to Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador
Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax
- Description: Overlooking the beach, this 5-star hotel offers spacious rooms, a wellness center, and several pools set in tropical gardens.
- Link to Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax
Hotel Baobab Suites
- Description: A modern and chic hotel offering suites with private terraces, some of which come with their own pools. The hotel also boasts a kids’ club and several dining options.
- Link to Hotel Baobab Suites
Vincci Selección La Plantación del Sur
- Description: Set on a plantation-style property, this hotel offers colonial-style rooms, a spa, and five swimming pools.
- Link to Vincci Selección La Plantación del Sur
Adrián Hoteles Jardines de Nivaria
- Description: A 5-star hotel set amidst lush gardens, offering direct beach access, a spa, and gourmet dining.
- Link to Adrián Hoteles Jardines de Nivaria