About Playa de Fañabé
Playa de Fañabé is one of the most popular and well-maintained beaches located in the south of Tenerife, one of Spain’s Canary Islands. Situated in the tourist hotspot of Costa Adeje, this beach is a favorite among both locals and international visitors. Here’s what makes Playa de Fañabé stand out:
Golden Sands and Blue Flag Status: Playa de Fañabé boasts golden sandy shores that are a delight for sunbathers and families. The beach has been awarded the Blue Flag status, a testament to its high standards of cleanliness, safety, and environmental management.
Water Sports and Activities: For those seeking more than just relaxation, Playa de Fañabé offers a plethora of water sports. From jet skiing and parasailing to paddleboarding and banana boat rides, there’s no shortage of adrenaline-pumping activities.
Promenade and Amenities: The beach is lined with a beautiful promenade brimming with restaurants, bars, and shops. Whether you’re in the mood for local Canarian cuisine, international dishes, or just a refreshing cocktail, the options are abundant. Additionally, sun loungers, parasols, and showers are available for visitors’ convenience.
Accessibility: Playa de Fañabé is easily accessible, with pathways designed for those with reduced mobility. There’s also a dedicated area on the beach with amphibious chairs, ensuring that everyone can enjoy the sea.
Things to do on Fanabe Beach
- Water sports – Playa de Fañabé is a great place for water sports, with plenty of companies offering activities such as jet skiing, paddleboarding, kayaking, and parasailing. There is at least one company in the center of the beack and one other all the way to the south beside the volley ball courts
- Beach volleyball – There are several beach volleyball courts available on southern tip of Playa de Fañabé, making it a great place to play a game with friends or join in with other beach-goers.
- Crazy golf – there is a large crazy golf course available just to the south of the center of the beach.
- Children’s play areas – Playa de Fañabé has several play areas for children, including swings, slides, and climbing frames, making it a great place for families. You will also find a tampoline area and a few other interesting paid attractions for kids right on the beach.
Some eating options on Fanabe Beach
- Restaurante La Farola del Mar
- Description: Located right on the beachfront, this restaurant offers a mix of Mediterranean and Canarian dishes with a focus on seafood.
- Menu Highlights: “Pulpo a la gallega” (Galician-style octopus) for around €15 and “Paella mixta” (mixed paella) for about €18 per person.
- Link to Restaurante La Farola del Mar
- Sebastyan’s Restaurant
- Description: A stylish spot offering Greek and Mediterranean cuisine with views of the ocean.
- Menu Highlights: “Moussaka” for around €14 and “Grilled lamb chops” for about €19.
- Link to Sebastyan’s Restaurant
- Description: A cozy Italian restaurant known for its pizzas, pastas, and seafood dishes.
- Menu Highlights: “Spaghetti carbonara” for around €10 and “Pizza Diavola” (spicy salami pizza) for about €9.
- Link to Limoncello
- El Makami Tapas Bar & Restaurant
- Description: A fusion restaurant blending Spanish tapas with international flavors.
- Menu Highlights: “Tuna tartare with avocado” for around €12 and “Iberian pork cheeks” for about €14.
- Link to El Makami Tapas Bar & Restaurant
- Description: A British-themed tea room and restaurant, perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea, or a hearty meal.
- Menu Highlights: “Full English breakfast” for around €8 and “Traditional afternoon tea” for about €12 per person.
- Link to Harriet’s
- Titanic Pizza
- Description: A family-friendly pizzeria offering a wide range of pizzas and Italian dishes.
- Menu Highlights: “Calzone” for around €10 and “Lasagna” for about €9.
- Link to Titanic Pizza
- The First & Last Fun Pub
- Description: A lively pub offering British dishes, live sports, and entertainment.
- Menu Highlights: “Fish and chips” for around €10 and “Sunday roast” (available on Sundays) for about €12.
- Link to The First & Last Fun Pub