Weather on Tenerife

All Temperatures in Degrees Centigrade











Days of


The Weather On Tenerife In April

Ever found yourself daydreaming about the weather in Tenerife during April? You’re not alone. It’s easy to be swayed by uncertainty, wondering if this sunny haven will indeed live up to its promise of balmy weather and golden rays.

Pouring through countless travel diaries and meticulous research, it appears quite a relief knowing that Tenerife experiences an average rainfall of only 1mm during April. Here’s a comprehensive guide with insights into temperatures, sunshine hours and likely rainfall so you can plan your idyllic vacation seamlessly.

Who’s ready for some warm-weather fun under the Tenerife sun?.

Weather in Tenerife in April

In April, the weather in Tenerife is warm and pleasant with average daily temperatures ranging from 18°C (64°F) to 24°C (75°F).

Average daily temperatures

I know you might be wondering what to pack for Tenerife in April. Well, it’s good news! The day’s heat in Tenerife climbs up nicely. We see highs around 73.6°F or 23.1°C often. Don’t worry about chilly nights either – the lowest it gets is usually only 60.8°F or 16°C.


This means most of your days and nights will have a nice feel with the average temperature at about a cozy 67.1°F or 19.5°C .

Sunshine and rainfall

In April, Tenerife experiences a mix of sunny and cloudy days. On average, there is a 66% chance of having a perfect sunny day, while the remaining 34% may be partly cloudy or have some cloud cover.

However, don’t be surprised if you encounter drizzle or light rain during your visit as these are the most common types of precipitation in April. The good news is that Tenerife receives an average rainfall of just 1mm during this month, so it’s unlikely to interrupt your outdoor plans too much.

Just remember to pack sunscreen and sunglasses to protect yourself from the UV index of 5!

Sea temperature

The sea temperature in Tenerife in April is around 20°C (68°F). The water is quite warm, making it a great time to swim and participate in water activities. Whether you want to relax on the beach or try out some water sports, the sea temperature in April will be comfortable for you to enjoy.

So don’t forget your swimsuit and sunscreen when visiting Tenerife this month!

Best Time to Visit Tenerife in April

April is the ideal time to visit Tenerife for outdoor activities, as the weather is pleasant with average temperatures and plenty of sunshine.

Ideal for outdoor activities

Tenerife in April is the perfect time for outdoor activities. With warm temperatures ranging from 16°C (60.8°F) to 23.1°C (73.6°F), you can enjoy beach activities like swimming and sunbathing.

The chance of a sunny day is high at 66%, so you can also go hiking and explore nature without worrying about rain. Plus, Tenerife in April is less crowded compared to peak tourist season, so you can enjoy your favorite outdoor activities peacefully.

Less crowded

April is the perfect time to visit Tenerife if you prefer fewer crowds. Since it’s not peak tourist season, you can enjoy a more relaxed and peaceful experience on the island. There will be less competition for beach spots and popular attractions, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the beauty of Tenerife without feeling overwhelmed by large crowds.

Not only will this make your vacation more enjoyable, but it also means shorter wait times and easier access to restaurants and other amenities. So take advantage of the quieter atmosphere in April and have a more intimate and enjoyable experience on this stunning island paradise.

Affordable rates

In April, Tenerife offers affordable rates for tourists. This is a great time to visit because you can enjoy the beautiful weather and outdoor activities without breaking the bank.

With less crowded beaches and attractions, you can fully enjoy your vacation while still saving money. Take advantage of the lower prices on accommodations, flights, and even dining options.

It’s an ideal time to explore the island and make the most of your budget while having a memorable experience in Tenerife this April.

Things to Do in Tenerife in April

In April, Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in beach activities, hiking and nature exploration, or attending festivals and events, there’s something for everyone.

Don’t miss out on the chance to make the most of your trip to Tenerife in April!

Beach activities

When visiting Tenerife in April, you can enjoy a variety of beach activities. The weather is warm and sunny, making it ideal for swimming and sunbathing. You can also try out water sports like snorkeling or paddleboarding.

Take a leisurely walk along the sandy shores or simply relax with a book under the shade of an umbrella. With an average sea temperature of 20°C, diving into the crystal-clear waters is refreshing and enjoyable.

So pack your sunscreen and towel, and head to the beach for some fun in the sun during your visit to Tenerife in April!

Hiking and nature exploration

I love hiking and exploring nature in Tenerife in April. The weather is warm and sunny, making it the perfect time to hit the trails. You can discover beautiful landscapes, from lush forests to breathtaking mountains.

Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen and water bottle, as the UV index is 5 in April. And after a day of hiking, you can cool off by taking a dip in the sea, with an average temperature of around 20°C.

It’s truly a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts like me!

Festivals and events

In April, Tenerife offers a variety of festivals and events for visitors to enjoy. One of the most popular is Semana Santa, which takes place during Holy Week leading up to Easter Sunday.

This religious celebration includes processions, music performances, and traditional food stalls. Another exciting event is the Tenerife Sur International Half Marathon, where participants can run along the beautiful coastline while enjoying live music and entertainment.

Additionally, throughout the month, there are various local fiestas in different towns on the island with cultural performances and festive atmospheres. So whether you’re interested in religious traditions or lively celebrations, there’s something for everyone to experience during your visit to Tenerife in April.


In April, Tenerife offers warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine for outdoor activities. It’s a great time to visit because it’s less crowded and you can find affordable rates. Whether you want to relax on the beach or explore nature, there are plenty of things to do in Tenerife in April.

Enjoy the beautiful weather and make the most of your trip to this Canary Island paradise!


1. What is the weather like on Tenerife in April?

The weather conditions in Tenerife in April include moderate rain, some clouds, and plenty of sunshine hours due to Canary Islands’ climate.

2. How warm does it get in Tenerife during April?

Tenerife’s average temperatures in April vary, but often provide a nice balance for sunny holidays on the island with a comfortable temperature range.

3. Does it rain a lot on Tenerife Island during April?

Rainfall patterns on Tenerife in April do show some rainfall. However, it usually experiences more sun than rain due to its position within the Canary Islands.

4. How much sun can I expect if I visit Tenerife Island in April?

During your visit to Tenerife Island you can look forward to many sunny days as sunshine hours are quite high despite occasional clouds or rainfall.

5. Is there any unique geographical influence that affects the climate of Teneriffe?

Yes! The geographical influences include its location amidst other Canary islands which impacts things like temperature ranges , UV index and general weather pattern for each month including those for an ideal vacation time such as an ‘April Weather forecast’.