Parque Marítimo César Manrique
Are you planning a trip to Santa Cruz de Tenerife and feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of attractions? I felt that way too, until I visited Parque Marítimo César Manrique, an entertainment complex covering 22,000 square meters with natural swimming pools.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what makes this park designed by renowned architect César Manrique unique and why it’s a must-visit in Tenerife. Ready for the journey of a lifetime? Let’s dive in!
Overview of Parque Marítimo César Manrique
Are you searching for a stunning and unique entertainment complex in Santa Cruz de Tenerife? Look no further than Parque Marítimo César Manrique! As a fellow traveler, I understand the struggle of finding the perfect destination that combines natural beauty with modern amenities. That’s why I’ve done extensive research to bring you this comprehensive guide on Parque Marítimo César Manrique. Get ready to discover an oasis of relaxation and entertainment that will leave you awestruck!
Location and design by César Manrique
Parque Marítimo César Manrique sits in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain. Its design is a work of art by the famed César Manrique. The park spreads across 22,000 square meters and opened to all in 1995.
It charms with natural elements like volcanic rocks and palm trees. From here, you can enjoy stunning views of the sea on Tenerife’s south coast. The park stands out for its design that blends well into the city center.
Getting here isn’t hard as it lies close to the city center.
Entertainment complex in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
I found Parque Marítimo César Manrique right in the heart of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It’s a big space, spreading over 22,000 square meters. This park is a great spot to chill out and soak up some sun.
Features like natural pools filled with sea water stand out here.
César Manrique designed this place himself. You can see his touch everywhere! From the volcanic rocks to palm trees, everything fits so well together. The location helps too; it’s close to city center but just by the sea for those stunning views everyone talks about! I definitely enjoyed my time there and believe you will too when you visit this fantastic entertainment complex in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
Facilities and Features
Parque Marítimo César Manrique offers a range of facilities and features that make it a must-visit destination in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. From its stunning natural swimming pools to the nearby attractions and restaurants, there is something for everyone to enjoy at this entertainment complex.
Additionally, visitors can take advantage of the park’s multimedia exhibits and services, ensuring a memorable experience for all who visit.
Natural swimming pools
Parque Marítimo César Manrique has the best swimming pools! They are not like regular pools. These pools use sea water. That’s right, pure and natural from the ocean! Not only that, but they also look so beautiful.
The park uses real rocks and trees to make it feel like you’re swimming in a hidden cove. Whether I want to swim laps or just sit back and relax, these natural pools are my favorite spot in the whole park!
Nearby attractions and restaurants
When visiting Parque Marítimo César Manrique, there are plenty of nearby attractions and restaurants to explore. Here are some options:
- Playa de Las Teresitas: This beautiful golden sand beach is just a short distance from the park. Enjoy a relaxing swim in the clear waters or soak up the sun on the sandy shores.
- Museo de la Naturaleza y el Hombre: Located nearby, this museum offers fascinating exhibits on natural history and the Guanche culture. It’s a great place to learn more about the island’s rich heritage.
- Auditorio de Tenerife: This iconic concert hall, designed by Santiago Calatrava, is a must-see for architecture enthusiasts. Check their schedule for upcoming performances or simply admire its striking design.
- La Laguna Historic City Center: Take a stroll through the charming streets of La Laguna, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore its historic buildings, churches, and shops selling local crafts and delicacies.
- Canarian Food Restaurants: When hunger strikes, try some traditional Canarian cuisine at one of the many restaurants around Parque Marítimo César Manrique. Don’t miss out on local specialties like papas arrugadas (wrinkled potatoes) with mojo sauce or fresh seafood dishes.
Multimedia and services available
When visiting Parque Marítimo César Manrique, you’ll find a range of multimedia and services to enhance your experience. Here’s what you can expect:
- Audio guides: Take advantage of the available audio guides to learn more about the park’s history and design as you explore.
- Information boards: Throughout the park, you’ll find informative boards providing details about different areas and attractions.
- Wi-Fi access: Stay connected during your visit with free Wi-Fi available in designated areas.
- Gift shops: Browse through the park’s gift shops to find unique souvenirs, including artwork inspired by César Manrique.
- Cafes and restaurants: Take a break from exploring and enjoy a meal or snack at one of the on-site cafes or restaurants.
- Changing facilities: If you plan on swimming in the natural pools, there are changing rooms available for your convenience.
- Accessibility options: The park is designed to cater to visitors with disabilities, offering accessible pathways and facilities.
Parque Marítimo César Manrique Experience
Experience the joy and beauty of Parque Marítimo César Manrique through various activities and attractions that cater to all ages and interests.
Top ways to enjoy the park
When visiting Parque Marítimo César Manrique, there are many fun and exciting things to do. Here are the top ways to enjoy the park:
- Take a dip in the natural swimming pools: Dive into the refreshing sea water pools and cool off on a hot day. Enjoy swimming and relaxing in this unique aquatic setting.
- Explore the nearby attractions: After enjoying the park, take some time to explore the surrounding area. Check out the local restaurants, shops, and cafes for a taste of Tenerife’s culture and cuisine.
- Immerse yourself in multimedia experiences: The park offers interactive exhibits and multimedia installations that provide a deeper understanding of its design and history. Learn about César Manrique’s vision through these engaging displays.
- Enjoy stunning views of the sea: With its location on the south coast of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Parque Marítimo César Manrique offers breathtaking vistas of the ocean. Don’t forget your camera to capture these beautiful moments.
- Relax and unwind in nature: Take a leisurely stroll through the park’s palm tree-lined paths, or find a quiet spot to sit and enjoy the tranquility of your surroundings. It’s a perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Popular with families and travelers
Families and travelers love visiting the Parque Marítimo César Manrique. It’s a fantastic place to spend quality time together, enjoying the beautiful surroundings and facilities.
The natural swimming pools are a big hit with kids and adults alike – they provide a safe and fun way to cool off in the hot weather. And for those looking for more than just swimming, there are plenty of nearby attractions and restaurants to explore.
With its stunning views and relaxing atmosphere, it’s no wonder that Parque Marítimo César Manrique is a must-visit destination for families and travelers in Santa Cruz de Tenerife!
The entrance fees for Parque Marítimo César Manrique vary depending on age and time of visit. Operating hours are from 10am to 6pm, with extended hours during the summer months.
Entrance fees and operating hours
To help you plan your visit to the Parque Marítimo César Manrique, here’s a handy table with the park’s entrance fees and operating hours:
|Entrance Fees||Operating Hours|
|Adults: €5.50||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Children (under 12): €2.50||Weekdays and Weekends|
|Seniors (over 65): €2.50||Closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day|
Please note that these entrance fees and hours may be subject to change so it’s best to check the park’s official website for the most up-to-date information before your visit.
Tips for visiting the park
When visiting Parque Marítimo César Manrique, here are some tips to make the most of your experience:
- Arrive early in the morning to avoid crowds and secure a good spot near the natural swimming pools.
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, a hat, and a towel for your day at the park.
- Pack some snacks or a picnic lunch to enjoy on one of the park’s many grassy areas.
- Take advantage of the multimedia services available to learn more about the park’s history and design.
- Explore the nearby attractions and restaurants for a well – rounded day out in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Check online for any special events or concerts happening at the park during your visit.
- Be respectful of nature and follow all posted rules and regulations for swimming in the pools.
- Bring your camera to capture the stunning views and unique architecture of the park.
- Consider renting a sunbed or umbrella for added comfort during your time at Parque Marítimo César Manrique.
- Lastly, take your time and relax – this beautiful space was created for you to enjoy!
The Legacy of César Manrique
César Manrique left a lasting legacy on the Canary Islands with his iconic architectural designs, including Parque Marítimo César Manrique.
Manrique’s influence on the Canary Islands
César Manrique had a significant influence on the Canary Islands. His unique architectural style and artistic vision can be seen throughout the islands, including in the Parque Marítimo César Manrique.
He believed in integrating art with nature, which is evident in his designs that incorporate natural elements like volcanic rocks and palm trees. By blending these elements into his work, he created spaces that harmonize with their surroundings.
The Parque Marítimo César Manrique is a perfect example of this fusion, offering visitors a truly immersive experience where they can enjoy both the beauty of nature and the creativity of man-made structures.
Other notable works by the architect
César Manrique, the architect of Parque Marítimo César Manrique, has left behind a legacy of impressive works in the Canary Islands. Here are some of his other notable projects:
- Jameos del Agua: A unique cultural center built within volcanic caves, offering a concert hall, restaurant, and art gallery.
- Mirador del Río: A breathtaking viewpoint situated on a cliff, providing panoramic views of the neighboring island of La Graciosa.
- Jardin de Cactus: A stunning cactus garden featuring over 1,400 different species of cacti from around the world.
- Fundación César Manrique: A foundation dedicated to preserving and promoting Manrique’s work and artistic vision.
More about visiting Parque Marítimo
Parque Marítimo César Manrique is a public swimming pool complex designed by the famous Canarian artist and architect, César Manrique, and opened to the public in 1996. It is one of the most popular attractions in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It generally opens everyday from 10 until 7 and costs 5 euros for an adult entry ticket with children and over 65s paying less.
The complex is situated in a beautiful location, on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, and features three seawater swimming pools of varying sizes and depths. The pools are surrounded by terraces and gardens, making it a great place to relax and soak up the sun.
In addition to the swimming pools, the Parque Marítimo also includes a restaurant, a cafeteria, and a bar, as well as changing rooms and showers. There is also a children’s play area and a mini-golf course.
One of the most distinctive features of the Parque Marítimo is its architectural design, which incorporates elements of traditional Canarian architecture and uses natural materials like volcanic stone and wood. The complex is also decorated with several sculptures and murals by César Manrique, adding to its artistic appeal.