Goin to Icod de los Vinos
Icod de los Vinos is a historic town lthat is known for its beautiful architecture, historic landmarks, and, as its name suggests, its wine production.
One of the town’s main attractions is the Millennial Drago, which is a 1,000-year-old dragon tree that is believed to be one of the oldest living organisms in the world. The tree is an important symbol of the town and is protected by the Canary Islands government as a natural monument.
Another popular attraction in Icod de los Vinos is the historic town center, which is home to several beautiful buildings, including the Church of San Marcos and the Casa de los Cáceres, a traditional Canarian house that has been converted into a cultural center.
The town is also known for its wine production, and visitors can explore the vineyards and wineries in the surrounding countryside. The wines produced in the region are known for their high quality and unique flavors, thanks to the volcanic soils and favorable growing conditions.
Placed to eat in Icod de los Vinos
- El Mortero: This restaurant is known for its delicious Canarian cuisine, including grilled meats and fresh seafood. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere and friendly staff.
- La Gañanía: La Gañanía is a traditional Canarian restaurant that serves local dishes made from fresh ingredients. The restaurant is located in a historic building and has a charming atmosphere.
- Tasca La Bellotina: This tapas bar is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. The bar serves a variety of small plates, including fresh seafood, grilled meats, and vegetarian options.
- Bar Casa Juan: Bar Casa Juan is a family-run restaurant that serves traditional Canarian dishes, including stews, grilled meats, and fresh fish. The restaurant has a friendly atmosphere and affordable prices.
- Casa Luis: Casa Luis is a restaurant that serves a mix of Canarian and Spanish dishes. The restaurant has a beautiful terrace with views of the surrounding countryside, making it a great spot for a romantic dinner or special occasion.
Parking in Icod
The streets of Icod can be very tight and busy att time so our top tip is to head stargitht for one of the few car parks in town like this one. or this one, on street parking is extremely limited so be warned.