Paragliding in Tenerife South
Adeje is a popular destination for paragliding in Tenerife, offering stunning views of the coastline and surrounding mountains. Paragliding involves flying a parachute-like canopy, known as a paraglider, while suspended in the air using a harness.
There are several paragliding companies in Adeje that offer tandem flights, which are designed for beginners or those without any prior paragliding experience. During a tandem flight, you will be strapped into a harness with an experienced instructor, who will control the paraglider and guide you through the flight.
Tandem flights in Adeje typically take off from a height of around 800 meters, with flights lasting between 20 and 40 minutes depending on weather conditions. The flight takes you over the scenic coastline of Adeje, providing breathtaking views of the sea, beaches, and mountains.
Some popular paragliding companies in Adeje include Sky Rebels Tenerife, Fly Park Tenerife, and Paragliding Tenerife. These companies provide all the necessary equipment and safety gear, as well as experienced instructors who will guide you through the flight and ensure your safety.
It’s important to note that paragliding is a weather-dependent activity, and flights may be cancelled or rescheduled if conditions are not suitable. Be sure to check the weather forecast before booking your flight, and follow all safety instructions provided by your instructor for a safe and enjoyable experience.
Companies that offer Paragliding in Costa Adeje
- Sky Rebels Tenerife: Offers tandem paragliding flights with experienced instructors, departing from various locations in the south of Tenerife.
- Fly Park Tenerife: Provides tandem paragliding flights from a height of 800 meters, with stunning views of the coast and mountains.
- Paragliding Tenerife: Offers tandem flights for beginners, as well as courses and equipment rental for more experienced paragliders.
- Parapente Canarias: Provides tandem flights and courses for all levels of paragliders, with flights departing from the beautiful town of La Caleta.
- Airsports Tenerife: Offers tandem paragliding flights from different locations in the south of Tenerife, including Adeje and Costa Adeje.
- Tenerfly: Provides tandem paragliding experiences with experienced pilots, departing from various locations in the south of Tenerife.
- Airsports Center Tenerife: Offers tandem flights for beginners and courses for more experienced paragliders, with flights departing from Adeje.
- Tenerife Top Paragliding: Provides tandem flights and courses for all levels of paragliders, with flights departing from Adeje and other locations in the south of Tenerife.
- Oasys Parapente: Offers tandem paragliding flights with experienced instructors, departing from various locations in the south of Tenerife.
- Paragliding Adventure Tenerife: Provides tandem flights and courses for all levels of paragliders, with flights departing from various locations in the south of Tenerife.
Tandem Paragliding Tenerife
If you’re thinking of taking to the skies with tandem paragliding in Tenerife, let me share my experience. I went with a company called “Fly Tenerife Paragliding” – they came recommended by several travel blogs, and their pilots have years of experience flying around the island. From the moment I met my pilot at their office, I felt at ease; he was a pro, knew the skies, and the weather like the back of his hand.
They took us up to the launch site, which was carefully chosen based on the day’s conditions. The views were stunning even before we left the ground. The gear was top-notch and the safety briefing was thorough, which really settled any nerves.
Another company that was frequently mentioned in forums is “Tenerife Paragliding Center.” They seemed to have a great reputation for having multilingual instructors, which is perfect for international tourists like myself who might not speak Spanish fluently. I didn’t fly with them personally, but I met a couple at my hotel who had, and they couldn’t stop raving about their experience.
Lastly, “AirSports Tenerife” also caught my eye because they advertised longer flights that go higher – an option I would’ve loved if I had more time. They seemed to have a very personalized approach, and their customers spoke highly about the unique flight paths that include beachside landings.